Android phones seem to all be slightly different in their setup process.
If you are having trouble using these instructions, submit a helpdesk ticket.
*If you are in-district, you may need to disconnect from the district WiFi before setting up the email account on your phone.
- Open your mail app
- Go to the mail SETTINGS and ADD ACCOUNT
- Account type: MICROSOFT EXCHANGE or EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC
(do not use Outlook as the account type)
- Look for MANUAL SETTINGS or ADVANCED SETTINGS
- Email: full email address (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: current district password
- Domain: lhusd
- Username: firstinitiallastname (ex: jsmith - not your full email address)
- You may need to combine the domain and username on certain phones (lhusd\jsmith - make sure to use the backslash)
- Server: webmail.lhusd.org
- Port: leave as is
- Use SSL: leave as is
- Use Certificates: make sure this is unchecked
- Activate: you may be asked to activate access on your phone for the district exchange server.
- Once the account is set up, check additional settings for how often the email/calendar are synced between the server and phone. Once again, this is different on each phone, so the steps below may not match exactly.
- Go to the settings in the mail app and locate the new LHUSD account you created. Click on the account name to see additional features.